James Motorcycles Information Website

Retaining an original number.

Homepage Need a V5 Registration Document ? Original numbers
Need a document ?


Where you believe you know the original registration number for your machine, DVLA will require very clear proof of its link to the motorcycle.  In these cases it is important to include as much evidence as possible.

Evidence could include

  • an old log book
  • old tax disc(s)
  • an original bill of sale
  • an old M.O.T. certificate            See the links on the left
What can I provide ?
What I need from you.
What it costs.
British Two Stroke Club
Why an R.F.60 ?
Why an M.O.T. ?
Why a tax disc ?
Why a bill of sale ?
See a sample letter.
How do I proceed ?
Find your frame number.
Find your engine number.
JamesWisdom@hotmail.com Frequently Asked Questions ! Simply Wizard