James Motorcycles Information Website

What I need from you.

Homepage Need a V5 Registration Document ? What I need
Need a document ?
DVLA require evidence that confirms the identity of the vehicle.  That 'identity' is linked to the frame number.

Where there is no evidence of an original registration number* you can apply for an 'age-related' registration number.

If you believe you have a claim to the original registration number that was assigned to the machine, DVLA will require confirmation that the frame you have was originally issued with the number you are claiming.

I shall need details of the model and year (if you know them) and evidence such as an old log book, tax disc, MOT certificate or bill of sale as well as photos of the machine. Use the links on the left to help you.

*A number plate fixed to the bike is not evidence without supporting paperwork.

What can I provide ?
What I need from you.
What it costs.
British Two Stroke Club
Why an R.F.60 ?
Why an M.O.T. ?
Why a tax disc ?
Why a bill of sale ?
See a sample letter.
How do I proceed ?
Find your frame number.
Find your engine number.
JamesWisdom@hotmail.com Frequently Asked Questions ! Simply Wizard